The Golden Helix Foundation is an international research organization (registered London-based UK charity) aiming to expand the fundraising efforts to achieve the goals of the Golden Helix Institute of Biomedical Research. Also, the Foundation aims to advance education in the area of genome and personalized medicine by promoting the development of research and the transfer and communication of knowledge from researchers and scientists in the wider scientific community through collaborative projects and conferences in the field of pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine.
In particular, the aims of the Foundation are to:
- Provide grants to individual researchers and research groups,
- Partner and provide grants and services to international organizations in the field of personalized medicine
- Provide advocacy, advice and information on pharmacogenomics research,
- Sponsor or undertake research, and
- Act as an umbrella organization and/or resource body of multinational collaborative efforts in the area of pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine, such as the Genomic Medicine Alliance.